Introduction to Use external Web Links for training in MindScroll LMS
This is an easy-to-follow step-by-step guide to add external web links into your MindScroll LMS account.
- Navigate to Manage WebLinks: To access and follow the given steps, login as an "Admin" or "Instructor" into your MindScroll LMS.
To add a web link as a learning asset, click on Content ~> Manage Weblinks in the left navigation menu.
- This shows the "Manage WebLinks" view with a list of all the web links along with the status.
- Here you can add the Web Links by clicking on "Add New Web Link".
- This Add New Web Link will open up a web link up-loader widget in a new sub-screen, where you can enter the details:
- Web Link*: Type your external asset link in the box, which you want to present to the end-user.
- Open: An information will be displayed where the link will be opening.
- Dimensions: Width and Height of the frame, where the asset will display. (Optional)
- Get Details Button: After hitting this button portal will automatically pick the "Title" and "Description" from weblink and then you can edit or leave it like that.
- Title: It will be the highlighted name that specifies the content of the webpage.
- Description: A description will be the informative detail, about the given video. (Optional)
- After adding the "WebLink", it will be displayed in a given list.
Adding a Weblink to a Course
- To add a Weblink in the Course, Go to Courses ~> Manage Course, Select the relevant course, and click on the 'Edit Course' icon. (If you are creating a new course then Go to Course ~> New, fill in the details & submit)
- Select the 'Add Content' tab.
- This shows the Course Structure with Sections and Subsections. Select the relevant section where you want to add the document and click on the 'Add Content' button.
- This opens the content library, Search for the word like "Standards organization" that you have created, & can also search by Title, Type, or Last updated date-time and Click on the 'Add' button.
- Click on the 'Next' tab which is "Edit Enrollment" if you want to enroll users into this course & if not needed and click on the 'Save' button.
The document is now part of the Course and all users that are enrolled in the course can access it by opening the course and clicking on the 'View' button against the Asset listed.
Please Note: To know more about Course Management, please refer to their respective documentation.