Introduction to Videos into MindScroll LMS
This is an easy to follow step-by-step guide to maintain videos into your MindScroll LMS account. An Administrator or an Instructor will able to upload and create the Videos.
- After login as an admin, navigate your self to the "Content" tab in the LMS navigation bar, then visit the "Manage Videos".
- This shows the Manage Videos view with a list of all the Videos along with the status.
- Here you can upload the videos (in MP4 formats) by clicking on "Upload Video" or you can create a linked video by clicking on "Insert Link".
- This Upload Video will opens up a "browse file option" now select the video & after clicking on "Open" and pdf up-loader widget, where you can enter the details:
- Title: It will be the file name with the extension.
- Description: A description will be the informative detail, about the given video. (Optional)
- Size: Uploaded file size in MBs (Mega Bytes).
- Processing Bar: A visualization of the progression of video upload. After hitting the 100%, this video will displayed in the list.
- Addition of a "Link video" as a learning asset, by clicking on the "Insert Link" button.
- Video Link: Put a valid video link and by "Get Details" you can fetch the "Title" and "Description" automatically.
- After adding both the videos, they will displayed in a given list.
- Those document with the extension name of (.mp4) are MP4 documents.
- Those documents which are without the extension name are the link videos.
- So the relevant actions are view videos, update document (descriptive details) and delete document.
Adding a Video to a Course
- To add a document in the Course, Go to Courses ~> Manage Course, Select the relevant course and Click on 'Edit Course' icon. (If you are creating a new course then Go to Course ~> New, fill the details & submit)
- Select the 'Add Content' tab.
- This shows the Course Structure with Sections and Sub sections. Select the relevant section where you want to add the document and click on 'Add Content' button.
- This opens the content library, Search for the "Intro MindScroll" that you have created, & can also search by Title, Type or Last updated date-time and Click on 'Add' button.
- Click on 'Next' tab which is "Edit Enrollment" if you want to enroll users into this course & if not needed and Click on 'Save' button.
The document is now part of the Course and all users that are enrolled in the course can access by opening the course and clicking on 'View' button against the "Intro MindScroll".
Please Note:To know more about Course Management, please refer to their respective documentations.